- Support sales to potential customers in an assigned territory as requested, for both direct and channel sales opportunities.
- Develop, maintain, and grow customer relationships and ensure customers fully understand the benefits of 3D scanning, inspection, and imaging solutions the Company offers.
- Support sales and post-sales activities including technical training, benchmarks, proof of concept, support of live events such as tradeshows, open houses, roadshows, etc.
- Contribute to the development of technical content to include, training guides, best practices, method sheets and articles (Case Applications, Success Stories, Comparative Studies, etc.)
- Introduce and integrate our technical team as well as our Solution Partner resources to the customer to demonstrate capability.
- Educate customer personnel and facilitate project management.
- Develop, deliver, and lead implementation of professional technology proposals.
- A motivated, self-starter and team-player professional.
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Minimum 3 years related sales experience.
- Strong selling, customer service, communication, presentation, problem-solving and people skills.
- Well-organized and self-motivated to achieve results.
- Able to respond effectively to multiple priorities and execute in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Confidence in making decisions on the fly.
- Proficient in MSOffice applications, including knowledge of CRM software.
- Extensive international and local travel required.
- Must possess a valid passport, a valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required, or directed, to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures, and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as directed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
3D scanning, inspection and imaging technologies, common office equipment, computer and related peripherals.
- Office environment and laboratory/light production floor with ventilation, climate-control system, moderate lighting, and moderate noise level.
- Use hand dexterity to type, adjust, move, handle, perform, operate, install, attach, remove, apply, grasp, grip, manipulate, and measure.
- Use vision to see, analyze, and adjust.
- Periodically move, transport, rotate, reach, pull, twist, adjust position, push, stand, stoop, bend, and crouch.
- Lift loads between 5 to 30 Kg occasionally.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in 3D inspection support and services.
- Experience using metrology equipment including portable and stationary 3D scanners (laser and structured light systems). Articulated arms, optical and laser trackers are a plus.
- Experienced operator of CAD/CAM/CAE software solutions including Geomagic, Innovmetric’s Polyworks, Metrolog’s Metrologic, Mastercam, Verisurf, Spatial Analyzer, etc.
- Experience on robotic 3D inspection systems is a plus.
- Experience with the development of technical work scopes and incorporation into detailed and professional project proposals.
- Experience in a fast-paced R&D, project-based or hands-on manufacturing environment